It’s less than a week until all channels in SD quality disappear from the DTT. These are the first to arrive on the digital terrestrial television grid, offering a resolution then called standard that has long since ceased to be so. Specific, 854 x 480 pixelsthe same one that offered the format DVD and that gave much better results on the old televisions CRT that on current screens where the usual thing is Full HD (1,920×1080 pixels) or higher resolutions. The new standard for DTT will be HDthat is, a resolution of 1,280 x 720 pixels which offers a better viewing experience than SD channels.
What users will find the next day 14 is that the current frequencies of the SD channels will go black and the channels that do not yet have HD broadcasts will begin to broadcast in this format. This is the case of FDF, Divinity, Energy, Boing Neox, Nova, Mega, Ten, Trece, DKISS, Gol Play, DMAX, Disney Channel and Paramount Network.
Therefore, it will be necessary retune channels to remove the old SD channel placement on the dial and insert the new HD ones. We explain how to do it, depending on the television you have. Keep in mind that the steps to follow may vary slightly depending on the television model and the version of the operating system.
Tune channels on Samsung TVs with Tizen
- On the remote control, press the button home to go to the home page SmartHub.
- On the screen, to the far left of the menu, click on Setting.
- Within Issueclick on Automatic sync.
- Select the type of antenna: Air (for DTT).
- Select the channel type: Digital and analog.
- Choose Look for to start an automatic channel search, and tap Close after finishing.
Tune channels on LG TVs with WebOS
- On the remote control, press the button Settings.
- On the screen, in the sidebar, look for the section Channels and inside click on auto tuning.
- Select the source to tune, DTTand press Following.
- Brand Search digital only to tune only digital channels, DTTand press Start.
- When tuning is complete, press Made.
Tune channels on televisions with Android TV
Televisions from brands such as Sony, Philips or TD Systems use the Google operating system.
- On the remote control, press the button home.
- On the screen, look to enter the section Settings of Android TV, and enter Channel settingsafter Digital Configurationand click on the option Digital Tuning.
- Click on Auto Tuning Frequency Rangewhere it is convenient to choose the option Complete to get more channels.
- To start searching for channels, tap Digital auto tuning.
Tune channels on other televisions
If you have a television that does not use any of the operating systems mentioned, the procedure is similar.
- On the remote control, press the button Menu, Home or Settings. The intention is to get into a section that indicates Configuration or Installation.
- On the screen, you will have to look for the option called Channel Search, Channel Setup, Tuningor something that refers to your channels.